Friday 31 January 2014

Event Poster: World Goth Day

We chose a number 0-50 and we were given an event according to the list of numbered events. I got World Goth Day. We had to make a poster, flyer and a web banner for our given events but aim them to an unlikely audience.
Immediately I thought of chavs.
Below are layout sheets where I thumb-nailed various ideas I had.







I had collected a fair amount of photos in my research and on pinterest of chavs and goths and so I tried out some of my ideas in these digital mock ups.












Below I took inspiration from the Trainspotting posters by Lorenzo Agius.









I decided to revisit one of my ideas of basically sex sells, so show the chavs/lads something attractive but goth-themed.













As these photos aren't mine and the brief specified to create our own images.

So I took this:
(Original photo that I found from a pinterest search, I made some minor edits to it for the above mock-ups but this is the original)

And I drew these:

 (lineart with parts marked for cel shading)
(black and white copic drawing)
(black chalk drawing for texture)

My initial idea was just a lineart drawing with inks but then I thought about the textures I could achieve with the chalks. Then as an afterthought, I thought about using my new black and grey copics to produce another image I could work with. In the end I used all of 3 of these in a combination.

 plain lineart
 cel-shaded drawing

And this is the final image after all the editing, ready to be placed in my poster.



No comments:

Post a Comment